Thursday, October 8, 2015

What is your FAMILY CULTURE?

In class this week we talked about family culture. What is culture? Culture is beliefs and values of a certain group of people. We all come from a different culture. Even families have different cultures. For instance, my extended family is very close. We are all in each others business and know everything about everyone. For every holiday we get together, I mean every holiday. Which is great! I love it! But it's not the same for everybody. For example, my husband never lived that close to extended family. He didn't know his cousins, didn't have parties every holiday,and not everyone was in his immediate family business. There is nothing wrong with the way he grew up! There is nothing wrong with the way I grew up! It's just different cultures. Family culture is what family traditions you have. 

Especially now being married I like to think what will our family traditions be? What are some traditions I want to pass on to my family? I'm grateful for the traditions my family have. Each Thanksgiving we all get together and have a huge dinner! Everyone is there! My aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents are all there from my mom's side. After we eat, we all play Santa bingo! I know what you're thinking, Santa bingo on Thanksgiving? To be honest, I don't really know why we started doing that but I've played Santa bingo since I was little. Everyone loves it! We do it every single year. I didn't realize how many traditions my family has that I would love to pass on to my family! 

During the holidays think about what traditions you have. What is your family culture? What are the things you want to continue doing with your future family?

No comments:

Post a Comment