Saturday, October 17, 2015

"We badly need to raise our boys more like our girls."- Gloria Steinem

Do you agree with this above statement? This week in my Family Relations class we talked about gender. To be honest, I don't agree with the statement. Maybe its because I come from a very traditional family. I also don't agree because of my beliefs. Heavenly Father has has made man and women. He wanted each gender to have specific traits. We are either a man or a women. We should be proud of the gender we are. There are many people who people there are no differences between the genders. For class we had to read different articles and in all the studies we read about the results always came back and said, yes women and men are different. Thats how God wanted it. Women are nurturing, expressive, and sensitive. Men are competitive, protectors, and are there to provide for their family. I believe together we have it all. We balance each other out. Men and women need each other. President Gordon B Hinckley, the 15 prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints said, "In His grand design, when God first created man, He created duality of the sexes. The ennobling expression of that duality is found in marriage. One individual is complementary to the other. As Paul stated, 'Neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord' (1 Corinthians 11:11). There is no other arrangement that meets the divine purposes of the Almighty. Man and woman are His creations. Their duality is His design. Their complementary relationships and functions are fundamental to His purposes. One is incomplete without the other." Being recently married, I have realized my husband is just plain and simple better at certain things. It doesn't mean that I'm weaker. There are just some things he is just naturally better at. The things he is better at helps strengthen my weaknesses. I think each of us just needs to be grateful for the gender they are. Be the best man and women you can be! Thats what Heavenly Father wants us to do. I think if people have more pride in the gender they are and what each of us has to offer we wouldn't feel like one gender is better than the other. Women need men, and men need women!                                                             

I challenge anyone who reads this post to look up and read, The Family, A Proclamation to the World

No comments:

Post a Comment